Filed under: Lists
Monday always seems like a good day for bullet points:
- I went on a walk last night and I needed a jacket.
- Wearing a scarf as part of my daily ensemble is no longer odd.
- I have been craving something stew-like, warm and thick and delicious.
- Inexplicably, I want to find an outfit to wear with orange tights.
- I can turn off my window-unit AC for more than 20 minutes and not die when I walk into my apartment.
- I have been hunting down and saving a pile of new gingerbread recipes.
- Good TV starts back up again; Bones, Project Runway, Gossip Girl, Mad Men, all the crime-drama shows with acronyms that I can never keep straight, Glee and Community.
- What else should I be watching?
- Side note: Friends don’t let friends watch TV without TiVo/DVR/Some kind of digital recording device that allows you to skip commercials and watch the hilarious bits over and over again.
- I have been sketching ideas for a Halloween costume.
- I will most likely be a gothic version of a fairy-tale character, I’m excited to get started.
- Hopefully all the gothiness won’t freak me out too much, like my last encounter with goths.
- I sorted my sweaters over the weekend and have a pile to give away, the rest are carefully refolded and waiting to be accessorized.
- All things pumpkin flavored. Enough said.
- The leaves here are starting to turn colors, I need to plan a canyon excursion to check them out.
…You can see where this is going, can’t you? Unless you live under a rock, or in a high-security government facility located 583 metres below the surface of the earth and don’t have access to Google, you know that we have finally reached the turn from summer to fall. I, for one, couldn’t be more excited about it. I sometimes feel like the fall grounds me. Winter is depressing, spring is full of nonsense and summer is long and tiresome (one tiny window unit does nothing when combating weeks of 100-plus degree temperatures). But fall, ah fall. Fall is cool and full of new beginnings–I feel this stems from “Back to School”–and I feel a lightness in my step and a song in my heart and probably have a flurry of cartoon red cardinals and brightly colored leaves trailing after me down the street.
I love fall.
Also, as if the new season and my delight in the corresponding cooler-weather wardrobe don’t have me giddy enough, I did something momentous the other day. I went to the airport, walked up to the United ticket counter, and walked away with one free plane ticket to Boston. No questions asked, no hassle. Remember last winter when I earned a free plane ticket due to being marooned on the Salt Lake runway for hours while trying to get to San Francisco? I have decided to cash it in for a much anticipated mini-vacation to go see Janssen, NPW, OPH and Trish! Oh. My. Goodness!! People, I’m so excited! Free Plane Ticket! Boston! Fall! Bloggers! Squee! (/end of one worded-exclamation-pointed sentences) If you also happen to live in/near Boston (Kelli, I’m thinking of you specifically) and want to come play, please let me/us know! I’d love to bask in your awesomeness!
What do you love about fall?
…if you are one of those Fall Haters I would kindly ask you to either a) find something nice to say about cookies, or b) limit your comment to a single word that must encompass your hate for fall. Ready? Go.
16 Comments so far
Leave a comment